Policy Change Resources
Manuals and Handbooks
- Model District Policy on Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Students, GLSEN, 2011.
- Injustice At Every Turn: National Transgender Discrimination Survey, NGLTF and NCTE, 2011.
- 50 Under 30: Masculinity and the War on America's Youth, A Human Rights Report, 2006 report from the Gender Public Advocacy Coalition, excellent analysis of particular risks and discrimination against gender-non-conforming youth of color, www.gpac.org
- Dealing with Legal Matters Surrounding Students' Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity by the National School Boards Association [PDF Document]
- Guidelines Regarding Gender Identity Discrimination, New York City Commission on Human Rights, excellent model for understanding Gender Identity non-discrimination laws in practice. Available in English and Spanish.
- Opening the Door to the Inclusion of Transgender People: The Nine Keys to Making LGBT Organizations Fully Transgender-Inclusivepening the Door To Transgender Inclusion, 2008 document co-produced by the NGLTF and National Center for Transgender Equality.
- Peeing in Peace: A Resource Guide for Transgender Activists and Allies by Transgender Law Center [PDF Document]
- Trans Accessibility Project: Making Women's Shelters Accessible to Transgendered Women by Allison Cope & Julie Darke
- Transgender Equality: A Handbook for Policy Makers and Activists from the National Gay and Lesbian Taskforce and National Center for Lesbian Rights
- Transitioning our Shelters: A Guide To Making Homeless Shelters Safe for Transgender People from the National Gay and Lesbian Taskforce [PDF Document]
- Transgender Rights, the first comprehensive book on the transgender civil rights movement. Ed. by Paisley Currah, Richard M. Juang and Shannon Price Mintner.